Sunday, March 6, 2011

Runrio 2011 Leg 1





I was all excited to use my garmin for the "real' 1st time since I lost all the settings I thought I made during the previous week's Edsa Run. Boy, the garmin really does work...



It boosted my self-esteem seeing how far I was from my virtual partner. I set it to finish at 2:20:00. First 15 km, I was running over 800m ahead of "him". The setback of the garmin though was that I knew I was gonna get my target and I let my tiredness conquer from the 16th til the finish and "he" was catching up. I especially hated the part where it was only 1km to go, there was a really big sign and I had an excuse to walk simply cause I was still 500m ahead "him". It as PR for me and I was sooooo happy. I almost underestimated myself coz I initially wanted to set it at 2:30:00.

The route was close to something new, I like the route that goes to Buendia not the usual BGC route that goes to Lawton near Mckinley which is always so polluted. This is my 3rd time to run through Buendia, the 1st being Greentennial, 2nd was for Condura Skyway and this.

I know of 3 other friends who had their PR for this, two of them I met at CIHM and we saw each other again at Greentennial and Condura ... and of course the other one, I always have a PR when I pace with him but he is just way too fast and I can't keep up with him ...



Over all RunRio was a good one

Reg Fee 850
Finish Time 2:17:20


No comments:

Post a Comment